Our Commitment to Safety
“We at Deep Well Services value safety above all else.”
At Deep Well Services (DWS) we know our people are our greatest asset and we are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our clients, and the communities where we conduct business. DWS views safety as a key component in the company’s operational success; safe proactive procedures establish the foundation for high quality results. At DWS, we set ourselves apart by constantly raising the bar to measure superior effectiveness to ensure that our people have the tools they need to work safely each and every day. As a result of this effort, our trusted clients receive quality, efficient and incident-free service.
In the Oil & Gas industry, operators take responsibility not only for complex and expensive equipment but also hundreds of lives. That is why DWS invested in a high-tech computer simulator to ensure that all of our operators are trained for both routine operations and abnormal situations. Each and every team member working on our snubbing units undergoes a rigorous training program on DWS’ computer simulator. The computer simulator has the exact same controls that are on our snubbing units. The simulator can also create varied pressures that accurately simulate real world scenarios. This highly customized training simulator delivers the most realistic training experience, resulting in knowledgeable and confident operators, with process and control system familiarity and experience. In addition, all DWS units have 4 sets of clamps to provide a more secure and safe operation.
Safety First – One Team, One Family is the first of our Great 8 operating values, which drive our daily decision-making across DWS. We believe safety is about enabling and expecting each individual to take personal responsibility and actively care about themselves, their co-workers, and the public – just as they do their families. It is through this understanding, aligned commitment and the power of teamwork that everyone goes home safe, every day, everywhere, every time. Learning is a part of our “DNA”. We are relentless about continuous improvement, eliminating waste and constantly raising the bar to achieve superior performance.
In recognition of our “Safety First- One Team, One Family” Culture, DWS received the 2009, 2012 and 2013 AESC Gold Safety award and in 2011 the Bronze Safety award. In support of this culture we:
- Allocated over 500,000 in capital to safety programs in 2015 alone.
- Certified Personnel in Safeland USA, IADC Rif Pass, and American Heart Association CPR/AED/First Aid.
- Adopted IADC Well Control and Maintenance Program.
- Significantly invest in our people from pre-hire to retirement at every level.
- An open work culture that emphasizes the importance of sharing concerns and solution oriented problem solving generated by innovative thinking.
- DWS uses state-of-the-art equipment, tools, and technology (API Certified) to safely provide quality dependable services.
- Each person involved in our work is empowered and accountable to Stop Work Authority (SWA).
- DWS is ISN, PCN, and PEC registered and compliant.
Our HSE management system is designed to assess our risks and compliance obligations and document the procedures for continuously achieving our vision, values and commitment. When clients select DWS, they are not only choosing the most advanced equipment on the market, but they are teaming with the most talented people in the industry. This results in consistent, superior performance.
These efforts result in statistics such as:
- 47 Months without an LTI (Lost Time Injury)
- Approximately 980,000 Man Hours since last LTI
- 2015 TRIR (Total Recordable Incident Rate) was 1.66 representing a 64% reduction over 2014
- Total man hours increased from 306,000 to 360,000
- June 2016 TRIR: 0.96
- Insurance Stats
- Combined EMR (Experience Modification Rate) is .69
- Loss Ratio of 3% (WC, Auto, General Liability)
- Top .5% of all Traveler’s Oil and Gas customers
- Safety Staff
- DWS maintains 1 full time safety professional for every 30 employees
- 25-35 Field audits are conducted per week
- Additional audits conducted by management and field supervisors.
Class Leading Behavior Based Safety System
DWS has implemented a class leading BBS system that is aimed to engage every employee in the role of hazard detection. The system requires a daily BBS meeting is held and all employees participate with the previous day’s hazard identification. Scores are given to all employee responses in order to track engagement and trends that occur in order to focus training or awareness to specific tasks. The implementation of the Behavior Based Safety initiative has shown a significant drop in unsafe behavior.
THE DEEP WELL SERVICES GREAT 8
- SAFETY FIRST, ONE TEAM, ONE FAMILY
a. Accept responsibility for the welfare/safety of those around you
b. Mission critical but we must accomplish it safely
c. Always stay alert
d. Utilize Stop Work Authority
e. Lead the JSA
- STAY ENGAGED
a. Have a sense of urgency
b. Put your personal signature on everything you touch every day
c. Promote the DWS Brand
d. Build strong relationships and build DWS customers for life
e. Strong work ethic (Go Hard or Go Home)
f. Think Ahead – Anticipate
- LEAD BY EXAMPLE
a. Mentor each other in all aspects of your work
b. Live IT
c. Be on time
- BE PART OF THE SOLUTION NOT THE PROBLEM
a. Don’t play the victim
b. Find Solutions & Get Results
c. Have a positive attitude
d. Be a car fixer not a horn honker
- MAINTAIN INTEGRITY AT ALL TIMES
a. Act professionally in all situations
b. Be mindful of who we represent – Deep Well, Community, Family, Oilfield
c. Be the best, act like the best
- HONEST COMMUNICATION
a. Authentic expression
c. Face Value
- FOCUS ON MAINTENANCE
a. Have high standards
b. Follow IADC API 4G Protocols
c. Care for the fleet
d. The goal is optimal performance
- CONSISTENCY & ACCURACY
a. In communication
b. Trust but verify
c. Plan the work/work the plan
d. Be Organized